Thursday, March 20, 2008

GE Samaritans

I was doing the Ferrucio Yellow Box quest and ran all over Coimbra twice to find the box researcher in vain.

Yesh, I iz a losted kitteh :3

Google didn't help much. I found plenty of guides, sure, but no coordinates on the location of the guy IN Coimbra T_T come to think of it, is it me? Or do almost all the guides seem to be copy-pasted? /:|

Anyway, since none of my Buddies or Faction mates were online at the time, I did what I haven't done for so long...

I talked to strangers.

Yeap, I see them all the time: players who log on and type on the Group tab of their chat windows. But since most of them are beggars, spammers and verbal abusers, I never paid them any mind. And now, I'm gonna be one of them. Eek. I walked to where players are most likely to stay still long enough: the Market Manager. Well, here goes nothing...

Gatoblanca: "where is box researcher?"

Should I say 'please'? Did I sound annoying?

"over there"

OMG someone answered! O_O

Gatoblanca: "?"

"just cross that little bridge"

I gingerly walked to the closest bridge beside the MM, unsure, "here?"

"yeah"

I crossed, turned to the right, and I saw him.

I slapped my forehead thinking how I ran right past him. Twice. "Found him! ^^" I typed, but by the time I typed again "tnx!" he was gone. That's when I kicked myself for not getting a screenshot of him when I had the chance so I'd know his family name and thank him here.



Soon after I warped to another city, and I found this in the Group chat window:

"Where buy return sheets?"

I didn't hesitate at all, "cash shop".

"What? Sorry, I'm a noob ^^;"

Gatoblanca: "Leticia. Gpoints. Angie? :)"

"Yeah. Is there any other way?"

"As far as I know, no :(" I mean sure, you can get some return sheets from quests, but not enough for Angie, "Better get lotsa gpoints XD good luck!"

"nah, I won't get her after all"

I lol'ed, "Yeah, same reason I decided not to get her either, or Irawan," because I certainly will not back down to hours of grinding and questing and gaming, but spending?? Real money? For quests???



So as much as I would love to play the game thoroughly and finish all quests, I had to pass :(

Anyway, back to the topic: I am glad to learn that there are still a lot of gamers who are willing to help out total strangers without insulting them or calling them a n00b or laughing at them :) So from now on I have decided to help others as much as I can.

Just don't ask me for vis ;)

No comments: